Thank you so much to Sofia (Aelin’s Kingdom) for nominating me! I appreciate it so much.
What is the Sunshine Blogger award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
How does it work?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What is your favourite quote of all time?
Ooh, this is hard and after spending half an hour on this question whilst trying to recall every single book I’ve ever read, I genuinely don’t think I can choose. I have too many favourite quotes, so I think this one from The Infernal Devices series is pretty fitting — even if it’s not my favourite — “One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us. Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.”
2. Tell me about one character you would kill and one you would kill for!
If we’re keeping it to book characters, I would kill is Rowan Whitethorn. Controversial, I know, but I really dislike possessive, brooding male characters and I didn’t end up finishing the series because I couldn’t stand him. One I would kill for is without a doubt Peeta Mellark — he was constantly trying to protect Katniss and was always doing the most for other people when he should look out for himself too. But I’d kill for so many characters! Adrian Ivashkov, Finnick Odair and Sydney Sage come to mind also.
3. What is one skill a character has you wish you had?
As much as I think something like knife-throwing or archery would be a cool answer, it would be a skill I wouldn’t use, so seems a bad answer. I’ve always been bitter I can’t sing — maybe someone can give me Daisy Jones’ singing voice?
4. What is one thing (anything!) that makes you happy?
Taylor Swift! It’s going to be two years since I met her next week, but she still makes insanely happy and has been such an important part of my life for years. It says one thing, but I need to add Gilmore Girls too because that show has got me through some of the lowest times in my life.
5. What is one of your goals for the year (blogging or otherwise)?
Blogging wise, it would be awesome if I could get to 500 followers before the year ends. Outside of that, I have a few goals, like I want to learn to drive (I’ve been able to learn for a while now, but I’m an anxious person and I’ve put it off) and I want a tattoo! Maybe that’s not a goal, but it’s something I really want and I will probably wimp out on it.
6. Do you like illustrated or picture covers better, and why?
Illustrated covers, no question. To me, they look nicer and offer more freedom in the design, as well as more accurate character depictions. Sometimes a picture cover can look tacky and I abhor the trend of shirtless men on NA books? That is not something I’d want to read in public or would look nice on my shelves, even if the book itself isn’t anything to be embarrassed about.
7. If you had to chose a dystopian/fantasy world to live in, which one would you choose?
A lot of dystopian/fantasy worlds are interesting, but not somewhere you’d want to live. I’d die so fast in Shatter Me or Divergent. Probably Velaris from the ACOTAR series would be where I’d want to live, although it’s technically a city. It sounds beautiful and magical.
8. Name a character you think is underrated.
Tessa Gray. It’s always about Will or Jem, never Tessa — she’s right there pushing societal boundaries, being a badass and having such an extensive emotional capacity at the same time. I adore her.
9. Tell me about a movie you thought was better than the book.
The Princess Diaries is one of my favourite coming of age movies and I think that it’s better than the books. Not many movies are better than the books for me, but I’d argue The Hunger Games, Pride and Prejudice and To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before are definitely some that are on par with the books too
10. What’s a song you associate with a book?
I love this question. I’ve spoke about this before but Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince by Taylor Swift fits The Hunger Games so well. She actually has some songs on the film soundtrack, but Miss Americana encapsulates Katniss and Peeta perfectly.
11. If you were allowed to have one fantastical animal, which one would it be?
A unicorn, duh!
1. Paperback, hardback, audiobook or ebook?
2. Who was your first book crush?
3. If your life was a book, what would the title be?
4. What is one trope you wish was more popular in books?
5. Name your favourite classic.
6. Name a book that didn’t live up to the hype.
7. Who is your favourite fictional villain?
8. What is your bad bookish habit?
9. What book got you into reading?
10. What is your favourite book cover? If you can’t choose, stay what style!
11. Name a sequel that was better than the first book.
I tag theperksofbeingnoura, lureviewsbooks and youneedtoreadthesebooks. I’m nominating only three people because I’m still a little new to this, but anyone reading this, consider this me nominating you as well. Sorry in advance if any of you have already done it!
read it and weep,