Since it’s the end of October, I’m going to be talking you through all the books I’ve read this month and share some brief thoughts on them along with my ratings!
You can check out last month’s wrap up here.
1. Legendborn by Tracy Deonn ★★★★ — Everything about this was fantastic, from the exploration to grief to the fantasy world building. I’m also a sucker for a good love triangle. There were moments where it lulled for me, but I’m excited for the sequel all the same.
2. Something New by Amanda Abram ★★★ — Whilst reading, I kept making Dawson’s Creek comparisons in my head and I think that’s what got me through it. It was a good book, but too long for a contemporary where essentially nothing happened. It was a typical high school romance that I would have appreciated more if the author didn’t drag everything out.
3. The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab ★★★★★ — Easily one of the best books of the year. I was left in total awe of Addie LaRue and wanted to reread the second I finished it. Honestly, I can’t express enough how much of a pleasure this book was to read.
• Read my full review on The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue here.
4. One Way or Another by Kara McDowell ★★★★ — McDowell has a really vibrant writing style that pops off the page and she provided really accurate characterisations of teenagers with genuine problems. The only downside was almost inevitable with two timelines — I preferred one to the other, so I was always dreading one half of the book!
5. The Ones Who Got Away by Roni Loren ★★ — I won this in a giveaway and it wasn’t on my radar before that, but the blurb sounded interesting. However, it was more romance than plot (something an FBI subplot felt a little ridiculous) and it was a fast burn at this. I didn’t care much for the characters and the writing was meh.
TOP 3 BOOKS OF OCTOBER: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue, Legendborn and One Way or Another.
Let me know what your favourite book was this month in the replies below! You might have noticed my reading month once again wasn’t great and my activity dipped lately, this is mainly due to how busy I am with school work and uni applications. Whilst I’m not taking an official hiatus from blogging yet, expect less posts until 2021. I hope you’ll all stick with me and I will still be posting and reading — just not as often
read it and weep,
One reply on “Monthly Wrap Up October 2020”
[…] You can check out last month’s wrap up here. […]